of SAN CANIO (pag.
the wall of the two aisles we can admire the following paintings:
“L’Adorazione del SS Sacramento” (Adoration
of the Blessed Sacrament) dated from XVIII century and “Madonna
col Bambino (Our Lady with the Holy Child).
On the left aisle there’s the XVIII century painting
“La presentazione al Tempio” (The presentation
of the Blessed Virgin Mary in the Temple) and on the right
one, the “Assunta” (Assumption of the Virgin).
At the end of the aisles there are two altars: on the left
one there’s the statue of The Sacred Heart of Jesus,
on the other one there’s the wood statue of the Patron
St.Canio built following the art in fashion in the capital
and in the kingdom
Naples at the beginning of eighteenth century.
Outside, on the left wall there are two plaquet dated from
eighteenth century taken from the old mother church. The first
tablet, dated April the 25th 1728, was made thanks to the
archbishop of Conza Francesco Nicolai, when he dedicated the
church also to the martirs Cosma and Desiderio.
The second tablet was made thanks to Giuseppe Nicolai, nephew
and successor of Francesco Nicolay. It’s probably dated
from the years that go from 1731 up to 1759, when Giuseppe
Nicolai exercided his bishopric.
There’s written something about the enlargement of the
entrance of the church. On the entrance of the church laterally
there are two old holy-water fonts of valuable workmanship.