Churcf of Immacolata Concezione
(Our Lady of the Immaculate Conception)

The building of the church of the “Immacolata Concezione” begun in 1710, after the settlement of the confraternity and the works went on for four years.
The first mass was celebrated by Father D.Giovanni Barrata. After the earthquake of 1733, the first chapel was enlarged and divided into three aisles. Between 1740 and 1747 Baldassarre Abate from Calitri built the Baroque wooden altar: the golden decorations were made by Neapolitan artists.


Above:
Church
Immacolata
Concezione
At side:
Statue of
Immacolata
Concezione
High
altar
Under:
Particular "Banca"
Banca

Laterally there are two statues that represent St.Giuseppe and St.Filippo Neri. In the middle we can admire the beautiful statue of “Our Lady of the Immaculate Conception”, it was made before 1734 by a Neapolitan artist. Dated from the same period is the “Banca” , the bench where the prior of the confraternity seats down during the mass.
We can see also a beautiful statue representing St.Vito made by Neapolitan artists too.
We can also admire a statue of St. Vincenzo Ferrarri, a statue of Our Lady of Sorrows, and one of the deposition of Jesus Christ.