Church SAINT ANTONIO
This church was dedicated to St. Antonio from Padova in 1608, by friar Giuseppe Gaudianelli.

In 1635 it was given to the Universitas, as we can see from a walled-up plaque.

Inside we can admire a painting that portrays the Saint. It was recently restored, and its old red-bricks portal has been replaced by the portal of the church of St.Rocco located in "Corso Matteotti".

At side:
 

Church of
St Antonio

   
 
Under:
   
 
Urbanistic
contest in which
the church present
   
Church of
St Antonio
portal
   
   

On the leafs of the portal there are tiles that portray the Saint's life.

During the building of the "carriage" Street named after Alfonso De Carlo it was necessary to built a viaduct that hid the church (except for the little bell tower), in order to avoid the demolition of the church itself.


At side:
Detail of
gate