little church, also quoted in his pastoral visit by the Cardinal
Alfonso Gesualdo, is located on the slopes of the Mount Calvary
and its beautiful stone portal of 1747 characterizes this
rural style church.
Inside we can see the statue representing St.Bernardino and
a statue representing Our Lady, taken from “St. Maria
Next to it there’s the cell habited by the eremites
that took care of the church.
Its bells ringed “u’ fratocchj” at three
o’ clock to wake up the peasants that went to work early
in the morning.
To go to their fields they had to pass trough “Della
Cupa path” near to the church that leaded to Cortino.
At five o’clock in the afternoon it ringed again to
warn them to come back home before the night falls.