SURROUNDINGS 2 (pag. 1)
Starting from Ofanto’s Valley we can reach Castiglione also from a route nearby St. Zaccaria, going up to the “Sierr”.
After a stop at “Pila r’ Arnald”, we go towards the stream called Rifezza to go more ahead till’ Pepponi’s farms.
From here we continue on the way that crosses Piano delle Fontane, surrounded by green expenses that in Summer turn gold, amongst ears of corn waving at the slightest breath of wind.
Before going on we must stop at Berrilli’s Farm located .in “Serre”, .where. we .can.


From high:
View
Berrilli's
farm
fountain

see a beautiful fountain dated from 1851. Near the fountain there’s the Chapel of St.Gaetano and up to 40-50 years ago a Holy Mass was celebrated here on every August the 7th.
Going down to Carcatondo, after passing by the old rural elementary school, we go along a little road that leads to “abbazia r’ fabbr’ca”. This Abbey was founded in 1734 but was sold to Giuseppe Tozzoli and then used as a farm.

Berrilli's
farm
At side:
Abbey
r'Frabb'ca